Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Good-bye Waterloo

So I left Waterloo for good. The sadness has been slowly sinking in for a while...slowly realizing...I have created a home here...I am leaving home...again.

I really thought I will be strong enough and that - come on - it has only been one year! How attached could I have grown in only one year?

Well, my fellow friend, a lot. I have grown attached A LOT. It only really struck me hard when I got on that damned bus to the airport. How hard it was, how painful, only someone who has gone through a similar experience can understand. I am leaving home - again.

I left behind a house that I have built warmth in, places that I created memories at and friends that I lived, laughed, cried and loved with.

You have been my family.
I love you and I will miss you.
See you soon =)

9 Comments:

At 11:25 p.m., August 30, 2006, Blogger DP said...

We'll miss you too! Waterloo is a bit less exciting now ... but one day....

 
At 5:37 p.m., August 31, 2006, Blogger Omar H. Al-Madhi said...

best of luck sweetie. new heights await you. Spread your wings and fly :-)

 
At 6:51 p.m., August 31, 2006, Blogger Veva said...

I completely understand you girl. I got overwhelmed by the same sadness the day I left and even before. The day before departing when I left your place after that wonderful dinner you guys prepared for me... I was so so sad.
I miss Waterloo too, I am sure it is due to the friends I made there.
But as Omar said, new heights await you, and you will reach so high girl! I know that for sure

 
At 6:32 a.m., September 01, 2006, Blogger clareeish said...

A year is alot.
It can change a person.
I've been in prague for three
days, and as i was sitting in
the lookout tower watching people go by surrounded by profound artistic culture I realized for many reasons I will not go back to saudi the same...
AND IT HAS BEEN ONLY THREE DAYS

you know some people in the ( so called saudi home) wished you have shared with them alot of the memories in the year that passed..

ur(will she never mature)sis

 
At 5:35 p.m., September 01, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

You're scaring me.. i'm already freaking out and I have a year left..

Good luck and in sha Allah khair

 
At 3:24 a.m., September 03, 2006, Blogger -OT- said...

Imagine how I felt after 4 lovely years in Boston!! I've been back in Saudi for 3+ years now and I still yearn for Boston! I still reminisce all the good times I had there! And if it were up to me, Boston is where I would dwell!! It's sad :(

 
At 6:43 a.m., September 03, 2006, Blogger Just 'Be' It said...

I totally know what you mean..

 
At 11:20 a.m., September 03, 2006, Blogger SunShine said...

Awww thanks to you all =) Yea, I know I hit a string that some of you might be familiar with.

I hope you all find happiness wherever you are!

 
At 9:59 a.m., September 04, 2006, Blogger ren_crow said...

I've been globe-trotting so much that Ive never had to go through that.
Oh man I guess i'm desensitized to the concept of 'home'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home