Saturday, August 12, 2006

Just Jump!

I'm alive!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I did it! I did a tandem freefall from 14,000 feet high for 60 seconds then learned to parachute for 7 minutes. IT WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!

When I finally arrived to the place in the middle of nowhere, we watched a 10 minutes training video then trained for 20 minutes with an instructor on the ground. It was then I started getting the jitters. Am I really, really, really going to do this? LOL

We got on the airplane, went up to 14,000 feet, then... the airplane opened I could not believe that I could see the ground like that. I was the second in line. We stood by the airplane OPEN door and counted to three On three, we JUMPED!

OH

MY

GOD


The freefall is such a surreal experience... It is funny how familiar that feeling seemed. Think speed boat on steroids but of course without anything to hold on to! Guess what I was thinking while falling...

OPenParachuteopEnParachute..WOW THIS IS AWESOME....OpENpaRAchuteopENParaChuTE...ok ok ok NOW OPENPparachuteOPENPARACHUTEOPENPARACHUUUUUTE......

hehehe...As always, even with all excitement, I followed the instructions. I ain't gonna turn a rebel right now. I did everything the instructor told me. He even told me when we finally got to the ground is that when a first tandem jump DOES go according to directions...he doesn't know what to do? LOL usually he was to spin, turn and maneuver to fix the position. yay I get an A+ in skydiving :P My video is hilaaaaarous. All you can see is my mouth WIDE OPEN. You can't hear my shouting because of the heavy music background...but you can definately read my lips: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Then when we opened the parachute, the pull up was so hard. Now, I did go parasailing before, but navigating a free-flying parachute...HOLY COW...my arms could barely take it.

For the longest while, the ground seemed sooo faaaar away. But when it DID start to come closer, it started to come closer REAL FAST. very scary. However, we had a smooooth landing. On the ground, I was like: AGAIN! LOL. Then I stood up real quick and asked, where is my brother? ... my mom maaaay forgive me for doing this (She's used to it) but getting my only brother into it? hehe...he better not have a SINGLE scratch on him!

Hamdilla, everything went perfectly. The people at Burnaby Skydiving were awesome. A bunch of free-living souls. It was so refreshing being around people who live on the edge like this. It is so different from my well-planned, strategized, calculated, budgetted, and over-analyzed life. My instructor was doing his 5,000th jump! Amazing... Now that I did my 1st tandem jump, I need two more to qualify for the first freefall. Will I do ahead and get licensed to skydive? I dunno....

For the longest time my parents resisted to let me get a driver license (I wonder why?LOL) Despite that, I managed to get a scuba diving license and completed the 1st step towards a skydiving license...hmmm... do you think there is a connection???

After that, my friends and I tried to get to a cool chinese restaurant in Hamilton, but we didn't make it on time. I had a great time anyways, we stopped by a pizza place and discussed what's next on the list.

Take a guess =)

7 Comments:

At 2:05 a.m., August 12, 2006, Blogger Bassem said...

You have no idea how jealous and evnious I am from you now!
You should thank your lucky stars I didn't know about this before, because if I did I don't think I could've stopped myself from giving you "the evileye" lol

It's ony my list of things to do though! ONE DAY INSHALLAH ;)

there's something next on your list?! O_O?!

and oh HaPpY BiRtHdAy..
and i thought that a surprise birthday is wild :P

 
At 5:45 a.m., August 12, 2006, Blogger clareeish said...

You're alive :( ............mayseer I was counting on it to fail..... ohhhh not funny...dark joke....

thank god ur freakin okay
I couldn't sleep yesturday and talk about
nightmares. But i'm real glad u did it.
is hussien okay?

so what is next on the list?...

 
At 8:27 a.m., August 12, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

I'm proud of you.. :)

Keep up the craziness..

Y

 
At 5:03 p.m., August 12, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

I'm so proud of you sunshiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!! i MUST see the video!

P.S. the next thing on ur list.. it's THAT thing, right? ;P

 
At 1:45 p.m., August 14, 2006, Blogger HA! Entertainment said...

I did bungee jumping, river rafting, hiking, but... this! REAL AWESOME!!!!!!!! I GOTTA TRY IT!!!

 
At 9:18 p.m., August 14, 2006, Blogger Urooj said...

Oh girl! that's sounds awesome and scary at the same time..lol. Hope you had a great b'day. n it's good to know that you are in one piece :P

 
At 7:15 p.m., August 15, 2006, Blogger Veva said...

Lol... I didnt know you pushed your brother into this too.. lol you are nuts girl!
It sounds so cool... We have to do it sometime together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home