Friday, August 04, 2006

Reflections? huh?

lol ok I guess I should do the I'm-reflecting-on-my-life-because-I-just-graduated. LOL. Honestly, I'm not like that. My wise moments of reflections and visions come randomly. I have no control over them. Generally, they come during showers and boring lectures. hehehe.

I guess I have nothing to reflect about because this year was ALL about reflecting. Plus, my plans are already laid out. I know where I am going, when I am going and what the hell I am going to do there! And that's just the way I like it. Clear, organized and neat.

I would say that the most important lesson I learned this year is SWOT. Yes, we all know SWOT, but what I learned how to apply SWOT analysis to real life. To succeed, you really define you strengths, accept your weaknesses, take full advantage of opportunities and minimize threats.

I learned that not every genius is successful and not every successful person is a genius. The determining point is Planning and Execution. If you plan, calculate and excute your moves right, you got a better chance of succeeding. It is not your grades, how fast you can solve a math problem or even your IQ. Those definitely help, but they do not guarantee anything. It is funny how much emphasis I used to put on those surface issues. Now, it is all about results.
--------------
On a side note, since I am still hanging around Canada for a while until my brother finishes his English program, I had some time to make a good meal. I made molokia today!!! That's my favorite dish, which is basically a type of green soup. A dear friend found it randomly in an Arabic store and bought it for me. My grandma would be so proud to find out that I know how to do this dish. Yum!

3 Comments:

At 8:56 a.m., August 04, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

DUDE, reflecting is important... all the time especially after great experience (what is the title of my blog :P?)

Also, no i don't think everyone has learned about swot.. i have, just because they shove it in your face in any business class you take, never applied it to real life though.

The Genius success paradigm is also very interesting, and i believe it to be true.

MOLOOKHIA, i love it.. nothing like the one my mom makes.. too bad i won't get to eat it till December :'( ...

 
At 2:55 p.m., August 04, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

Well.. Thanks for teaching me about SWOT.. and it's soooooo true what u said about genius people and success... but u know what? sometimes i think it's "scary"..

One comment on the Molokhiyya part; i object to the usage of the word "random".. sometimes things that appear random are actually carefully planned :)

 
At 3:04 p.m., August 08, 2006, Blogger ZanZoon said...

yum,i LOVE mulukhiah! especially with fried khubus... yum! actually i think i have some in the cupboard, you've got me craving it now! haha

on another note, great to have you commenting on my blog! and mabrook on graduating! and you're completely right about what you said "not every genius is successful and not every successful person is a genius!" its very true, and i actually mentioned something to that effect on my latest post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home