Saturday, August 19, 2006

Pressure, pressure - I've been tagged...sigh

I've been tagged by Raven AND Omar. Thanks guys, really appreciate the pressure. I'm going to get an earful because I am making an exception by answering! LOL
(yeah, so I changed some things - bite me :P)

1) if you could have dinner with any three (FIVE for me :P) people (except Mohammed, Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi) then who would they be?(don't say Mother Teresa either) -

  1. JERRY SEINFELD!
  2. Larry and Serge (even though apparently im not googley :P) - Every big shot out there is either writing a book or giving some interview about his 'views' on the future of technology. Except -correct me if I am wrong- those two geeks! Talk about smart :P If you really knew where the money is, you wouldn't tell the world now would you?
  3. Sheikh Khaled Elgendy - now THAT is someone who you can have really amazing debates about religion, al3a8eeda and life. I have so many deep questions I would like to ask. I feel he is a rare gem among scholars in general.
  4. Condolezza Rice - I'm curious about her. Read her bio on Wikipedia...very interesting.
  5. My Parents - and I know you won't believe this, but my parents will always be on the list of people I want to always have endless dinners with. They are the most fascinating people. We also have the most fascinating discussions on the table!
  • what would you eat?

Usually I like to take non-Arabs to eat Arabic(Lebanese) food. They are always so amused! With Khaled Elgendy, we'll probably eat masa22a3a (Although I don't like it, I'll tell you why in the next question). With my parents, caviar for sure!

  • what restaurant would it be?

One of the best authentic Arabic food restaurant I have ever been to is Abou Esseid in Cairo (People who don't like Egypt, you don't know what your missing). It is a very up-scale restaurant, with a lovely authentic ambience to it.

I would invite Khaled Elgendy to my home. Apparently we make a very good masa22a3a. I don't know because I don't like eggplant. However, I am sure he would appreciate it ;) Plus I know my parents would love to have dinner with him as well.

My parents...oh my... we have so many favorite spots all over the world. If I had to choose it would be that private club in London.

2) if you could force everyone in the world to read one book (except for the Quran or the Bible) what would it be?

AHHHH..what a terrible question! So many...If I was dying and choosing a book will save my life then: In A Different Voice.

The reason is that it serves two purposes. First, it teaches about ethics. The second is that each gender is always trying to understand the other. I am not a big fan of books that oversimplify stuff like 'why men lie and woman cry' and crap like that. Regardless of the criticism this book has received, it's a good read.

Also, this website:
www.savethemales.ca by Henry Makow. I don't agree with everything he says, but he opened my eyes about the negative motives behind the femenist movements.

Anything you read, always keep an open mind and a critical eye.

3) is there a tv show you'd cancel dinner with your best friend for if you knew that a new episode was going to be airing once only? what is it?

Non, you can download pretty much anything. Assuming no internet and no recording devices, it would be a one-time airing of an episode of Seinfeld that I have never seen.

4) if someone told you that you could only have one hobby/favorite pass time for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

Scuba dive!

5) which song is on the soundtrack of your life?

Easy! Cafe Del Mar, volume VI

6) how old were you when you had your first crush? who was it?

13, Backstreet Boys! (Quit Playin Games with myyyyy Heart!) LOL How can you NOT fall in love with them? :D

7) if you could read the thoughts of any one person, who would it be?

My father

8) if you could block your thoughts from only one person, who would it be?

God? lol dunno if that counts, sometimes I wish I could let my thoughts be heard without actually having to say it! Especially, when I am angry, upset or emotional. I have a hard time compiling thoughts into words.

9) if you could choose between life on earth forever or going to heaven, which would you choose?

Heaven for sure =)

10) when you die, what will your contribution to the world be?

  • Happy children and grandchildren! (there are too many depressed people in this world)
  • Lots of love, money and stories for them =)
  • Adding at least one concrete block to road towards the advancement of Arabs and our economy.
  • Published research or white paper in a top academic or professional journal (too ambitious?)
  • My Blog! =)

Now, who will I bless with tagging? I tag Genoveva, Urooj and Mr.Unethical! LOL You don't really have to though :P

2 Comments:

At 4:04 a.m., August 19, 2006, Blogger Omar H. Al-Madhi said...

hmmm :-) You're such a cheater :P

5 people instead of 3.
A soundtrack instead of a song.
Copying a couple of my last question answers :P

SHAME ON YOU! :-)

I learned a lot about you today. It seems we have one common food dislike. On most occassions, I don't like eggplant at all :-)

 
At 11:33 a.m., August 19, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

Thanks for finally doing it.. respect for Cafe del mar.

We apparently have a lot in common MWAAHAHAHHAA

RvN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home