Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Severe weather warning in Southern Ontario.

NO S*** SHERLOCK!

So we've been seeing the thunderstom warning for a couple of days now. After class, my friends and I went to hang out at the grad house. We were sitting at the patio, making fun of the coming storm that we can see in the distance. Then a light drizzle started, so some friends decided to head back to class. I waited with others for one who didn't finish her food yet. After she was done, they decided to wait until the rain subsides because they were going to walk all the way to the parking lot. But I was going back to class, so I said goodbye and headed to class

Here is a map to give you an idea

So I was going from GH to NH, while the others to parking lot A...

How foolish of me...as I was walking as cute as a girl can be under the refereshing rain, with my Burberry umbrella, in less than 2 minutes, suddenly, OUT OF NOWHERE, it starts POURING! not just pouring, but huuuuge gusts of wind blew me away and thunder was ROARING. My cute umbrella BROKE of course. That flimsy peice of uselessness! So, I threw elegance aside and ran into building TC.

Ahem. TC building is where all the students get interviewed for their co-op jobs. So, you have this hall of students in suits sitting watching me behind the glass and I stumble inside the lobby and starts squeezing water out of my skirt! nuh-uh. not fashionable at all.

I drag my sorry ass to the washroom and discover that I cut my finger and my hair was disheveled. I give my friend with the car a call to see if she can pick me up from TC and give me a ride home. no answer.

The wind lightens up. I don't bother with an umbrella as I walk back to class. A guy from class asks:" Hey, was there a wet t-shirt contest at the grad house or what?"

HA HA HA.

I looked like a drowned RAT. Thank god I wore a tank top under my shirt though. Sheeeeeesh. I drop the stupid paper I wanted to drop and starting heading back out to home. ( I live a 10 minute walk from campus - grrrreat location!). When I step out, guess what happens?

Sun is shining! Birds are chirping! People walking around...like NOTHING happened. Of course, I look extremely funny all wet, dripping and muddy sandals.

Sigh.......

I turn on the weather channel back home: Tornado warning. niiiiice.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 a.m., June 01, 2006, Blogger SunShine said...

lol no! pictures were not on my mind at that point.

There were no humans out during the 5 minute storm!

I also left out some details in the end :P When I did get to class, some friends offered me a ride, some offered to walk me home and some offered to help fix the umbrella. However, it wasn't a big deal because the sun came up. I didn't include these details to make the story sounds worse :P

So, there were no shortage of gentlemen =) except that idiot with the wet t-shirt comment!

 
At 4:47 p.m., June 02, 2006, Blogger Euphoria said...

Tsk tsk tsk, poor umbrella :P

 
At 1:10 a.m., June 13, 2006, Blogger ren_crow said...

haha u must have looked great!:p

Ya know, if u werent wearing that tank top underneath ud have no trouble getting help from the 'gentlemen' lol.

face it, the weather luvs u.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home