Friday, May 26, 2006

make up your own opinion about this

I just felt wierd when a child prays for forgiveness from his sins and the evils in his soul :s....umm, honey, you're six years old!

I wanted to give this preacher an objective review, so I listened to his speech. To begin with, I am generally not susceptible to this style of preaching. The shout-at-the-top-of-your-lungs, spew-all-kinds-of-cliches style of preaching. From what I could understand - his speech is not very easy to understand - he didn't bring anything new to the table (how controversial can you be when you are SIX). Verdict: D+

He basically memorized a speech. I don't see how this will help people. To be fair, maybe different people find inspiration in different things, right? I hope his efforts (or his parents, or his master shiekh, or whoever took the time to train this child) will do more good to whoever listens to him than damage to the child.

Generally, it is not recommended to brainwash children at such a young age...
Thanks to Didi for bringing this to my attention

3 Comments:

At 3:48 a.m., May 27, 2006, Blogger Nuri said...

Couldn't open it. But it must be in arabic so wouldn't understand it anyway....
Kids are brainwashed in all sorts of ways and everywhere. Some call it education

 
At 12:21 p.m., May 27, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

Interesting indeed..

---
I truly appreciate your comments, thanks for reading it through.. I recently got some feedback that it was a piece of crap ! LOOL

I tried my best to be a woman, but I'm still a man, and you're right this is a dream i had/have so you never know..

As for getting along beautifully, that's where the page limit came in, I wanted to branch into little substories and make conflicts but i couldn't, what i'm thinking is I make this a series of several chapters, or even better a movie! (i'm interning at hollywood this summer so it's possible).

Let me know your thoughts on the matter..

Regards,

Y

 
At 5:05 p.m., May 27, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

So true sweety.. and you know what disturbed me the most?.. the fact that he was "lecturing" the people and "telling" them to look at themselves.. HE IS SIX!
There are a million ways to let a child preach to Islam; if a six year old talked about how he understood kindness, goodness, God and charity that would be different. That would be cute. That could be touching. but yell?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home