Monday, October 09, 2006

thoughts in Riyo...

I apologize for disappearing like that. I apologize to my family for barely having the time for them. However, I won't apologize to the world for living exactly how I like it =)

I know many will critisize how much I am dedicated. How I am not 'balancing' my professional and business life. How staying late and working weekends is not healthy.

How wrong they are. LOL. All that is unhealthy if you are unhappy, if you are compromising your personal relationships and if you are physically stressed out.

For me, this is what gives me self-satisfaction. Being single has its advantages, such as being selfish. I won't lie and say that I am not thinking about settling down. But not right now, I work too much, I travel too much and I think too much. I need a while to build myself here.

It is after that I will take a chance on someone, hope they are at least somewhat understanding, then find that elusive balance between a successful career and a happy relationship.

It is not easy dealing with my family, especially with a 'suitor' popping up every once in a while. Everytime I have to re-evaluate my life decisions. How can I be wrong when I am so happy? Will marriage really bring me happiness? Am I too demanding and selfish to think I can get both?

sigh...

10 Comments:

At 4:03 a.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Just dont get too wound up in life or the marriage train will just pass you by while ur nose is burried in ur laptop ;-)

 
At 5:57 a.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger HelloMe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:58 a.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger HelloMe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:09 a.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger -OT- said...

I think u should definitely continue going as u currently are! As long as ur enjoying ur current life, I see no reason for u to mess it up by trying to change... Soon enough ur gonna feel like u need a change, and that's when the time will come to start thinking about alternatives...

 
At 12:32 p.m., October 09, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

Ah sunshine.. Riyo has brought out the deep thinker in you..

All i can say is, alhamdulillah that your work is so fulfilling.. I hope i'm in that position a few months from now.

And I kind of agree with pink, when someone that suits you and is the best for you comes by, in sha Allah you will know it. It's very easy to set artificial time windows in years and months, but it's really about your sense of comfort..

I'll stop there, i don't wanna overphilosophize..

Keep us updated tho

RvN :)

 
At 3:14 a.m., October 10, 2006, Blogger SunShine said...

Raven, I loved that term 'artificial time windows'!

Thanks everyone =)

 
At 7:07 p.m., October 11, 2006, Blogger Veva said...

Girl I understand perfectly... It is time for work...
Dont think about other stuffs for now... You will know when you are ready for the rest!
I hope your family understands.

 
At 1:01 p.m., October 12, 2006, Blogger DP said...

Well anyone who's worth your time will see how passionate about whatever it is that drives you and will do one of three things: [1] accept you with all those passions [2] realize that those passions are, for them, dealbreakers and gracefully avoid complications or forbid [3] expect you to drop everything -- which i suppose is fair ... people are allowed to have expectations -- but then not tell you and things will just degenerate.


For what it's worth ... id go with option #1 ;) Something to keep in mind, "sacrificing for what appears to be a greater good, even if painful can be good thing -- however, it shouldnt force you to give up a passion or to sacrifice a value" (bottom line = the choice needs to be yours and it needs to be entirely yours ... anything else and you'll always be stuck with that "oh what if" ten yeats down the road.


I wish you the best of luck with every aspect of your life :)

 
At 6:16 a.m., October 13, 2006, Blogger Just 'Be' It said...

Well, well, I can tell that you are thinking about some serious stuff..
I dont want to put you down or generalize but most Arab men (maybe 99 %) feel insecure and afraid when their wives manifest independence, strength and freedom..
I mean with my experience in marriage men always wanna feel smarter and more successful no matter what.. but I also believe that there are exceptions to any rule.. good luck :)

 
At 8:13 a.m., October 14, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

Ur so right! as long as it makes u happy.. :) and single DOES equal selfish... a huge plus!!
One thing i find funny is that when the word "relationship" is mentioned, the only thing being discussed is a "husband" sort of relationship... what happened to the rest of relationships? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home