Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In Frankfurt Airport

Could it be? Can I turn my back on Heathrow? Heathrow, my first love, the shopping sanctuary with the luxurious BA lounge? Oh my, it looks like it. My last couple of experiences with Heathrow have been very sad. Whether because of tightened security measures or because of mean BA employees or even because it’s simply so huge!

This is the second time in Frankfurt, however, this time it’s for three hours. I got invited to stay in the business lounge by a friend, but it turns out Lufthansa has stopped allowing visitors. As a result, I took my time to explore this new maze.

I arrived very early in the morning so as you can expect, it can be a little intimidating. Especially with the language barrier. Nevertheless, it turned out to be sooo much more easier to deal with than Heathrow. That ‘tension’ isn’t there. Here, I’m not worried of making a wrong turn then being accused of being a terrorist. But the best part is yet to come.

“Al dunya arzag”
Rough translation is that life has ups and downs. One day you are getting a royal first-class treatment, the other, you are another mundane traveler searching for any corner to lie down. Today is one of the latter days. Thanks to company policy, all employees fly economy class. Eventually, when you build enough miles, you get to stay in the lounge. Till then though, I am going to be one of those unfortunate travelers you find sprawling across two or three seats in airports. LOL

Here comes the reason why I suddenly fell in love with Frankfurt Airport…..

Next time you stop in Frankfurt for a couple of hours, go to the area between terminal A and B. If you arrive in terminal A, you will have to take the train to B and C. When you get there, start walking towards B. Suddenly, to your right, you will find chaise-lounge (sp?) chairs!!! Halleluiah!!!

It was like a dream…ma3goola? I can…rest my back?! How…THOUGHTFUL of them =))) You don’t have to pay $$$$$ for a business/ first class ticket to deserve to be treated like a human being. Oooh, I could have hugged whoever thought: “Hey, why don’t we install a couple of COMFORTABLE chairs, instead of normal airport let’s-test-your-back’s-endurance chairs, for people who might have to wait a couple of hours!”

So, this post is dedicated to that person. You, who had the brilliance and foresight to install those FREE chairs, thank you and god bless =)

p.s. I love wireless!

5 Comments:

At 11:39 a.m., October 17, 2006, Blogger DP said...

Hehe so i think it's safe to assume we'll be hearing from you out of Frankfurt more often ;) (if you manage to get some German-time ... grab some Wusthofs :P)

 
At 10:05 p.m., October 17, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

Glad your airport luck is changing! have fun in canada and take care.. :)

 
At 1:51 p.m., October 18, 2006, Blogger Omar H. Al-Madhi said...

So what are we 1,000,000 frequent flier BA people supposed to do with all the miles we've accumulated?

I agree, Frankfurt is so much nicer and fun than Heathrow. Alas though, BA has me by the ____ :-) At least for the time being!

 
At 2:46 p.m., October 18, 2006, Blogger Nuri said...

"Here, I’m not worried of making a wrong turn then being accused of being a terrorist"...
did that happen to you in Heathrow?

 
At 10:05 a.m., October 19, 2006, Blogger ren_crow said...

Yeah i was there to take transit flight to the states and back. Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home