Monday, July 31, 2006

no...no... :(

+Sandmonkey

You know when you get into that mode where you don't measure days by sleep anymore? Time is the hours between each test. Those are the times where you are lost in a realm between books, real life and friends.

It is true that I am now focused on my finals. But in the back of my mind, there is a lot going on. If you are group studying, every once in a while you find that interesting conversations arise during breaks.

One topic of course was about the situation in the middle-east. More specifically, Lebanon. Very interesting comments and debates. The most interesting comment was made by a jewish-born-but-not-practicing friend. He said that, what happened in
Lebanon is like
Rwanda. The Shi'ite and Sunni are like the Hutus and the Tutsis. I didn't agree with him. I didn't WANT to agree with him. I told him we live in peace. We have enough problems as it IS. No, it isn't the beginning of WWIII. NO, there won't BE civil wars. NO, we are not taking 1 step forward and 10 backwards. NO more.

Please no :( Please. I am young. I have dreams. I want to travel the world. I want to have children. I want to raise them in a happy environment. I want to have endless family lunches that only discusses fun stuff. I want to read more books. I want to find out what other technologies are we yet to invent. I want to make more friends.

I want to be happy without being scared, worried or guilty :(


I'm not alone. Stop the hate. Get a life.

4 Comments:

At 7:28 a.m., August 01, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

Both of you have a point.. I'm really sorry to admit this but there are some people (Allah Ihdeehom) who are actually using this time to fuel the "silent war" between Sunnis and Shi'ites.. In case you haven't heard what a
"scholar" said (and i use the term loosely, coz a person who says something like this should no longer be considered a scholar): "The war in Lebanon is against the "Rafida" (the incorrect Saudi way of naming Shiites) and we should not support these people and give them charity; on the contrary, we should fight them" (!!!)

I think the first step in fighting this ignorance and hatred is by educating ourselves and others (i Know, I sound like Shimozi), and not accept such hateful statements to be said in front of us without calmly and clearly pointing out the defect in such an argument. The easiest way EVER to shut a Sunni person up about their "hatred" towards Shiites is to ask them; "so what are Shiites exactly?".. I bet you that 9 out of 10 have absolutely no idea. :) It's just a sad form of ignorance that's being passed of from generation to the other..

 
At 12:03 p.m., August 01, 2006, Blogger Raven said...

Don't worry Sunshine.. things will improve in sha Allah..

Focus on your exams now and don't bother with the world b/c we really can't do much..

Allah yithabbitik.

Y

 
At 12:31 a.m., August 02, 2006, Blogger HA! Entertainment said...

"I want to be happy without being scared, worried or guilty :("

me too...

 
At 4:46 a.m., August 02, 2006, Blogger ahmed said...

Politics..I swear we always hear unbelievable things..I just pray that they aren't true coz if they are...we are all screwed BIG TIME..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home