Saturday, June 24, 2006

Montreal: Day #1

Finally, a trip for PURE fun rather than work. I'm on Montreal for the Grand Prix Formula 1 !!!!! Yes, world, I do know how to take a break once in a while and enjoy it =) I did take work with me of course, but, heh I'm betting against myself $10 that I won't touch anything :P

Different people from the class decided to go to Montreal with me and Genoveva. Most are going just for fun and not the F1 itself, so we didn't take the bus together or anything. Genoveva and I woke up Friday morning at 5am to catch the train at 6.50am from Waterloo. We arrived at...4pm. By the time we actually reached the hotel and checked in, it was 5pm. We were exhausted.

Nevertheless, not wanting to waste time, we got dressed and went to explore. Number 1 on our list was old Montreal. We saw everything!






There were some moments when I felt was in Beirut from the amount of Lebanese people. Generally, Montreal has a lot of Arabs! But it is also sooo beautiful. The impression that I got in the Winter was so unfair. It's georgous!

My friend and I walked from Old Montreal all the way to down-town. The city is so alive! We were starving, but I insisted on inviting my friend to a Lebanese restaurant. Ooooohhhh...warag 3enab, hommus, sambousak, baba gannoush,(heart) kebba (heart), fatoush, shish taouk...etc. The whole nine yards!!!! She loved it. Personally, I miss this food soooo much. Don't tell anyone, but we ate more than nice, elegant girls should eat :P:P:P I also got her to try Shisha! I personally don't like it, but I wanted her to have a wholesome Arabic dinner experience :P The waiter was happy to oblige and let her try a couple of puffs without having to order one! Tee-hee...very fun pictures!

I also met up with a friend from DAH who studies there now. After dinner, we walked down crescent road. It was great! So many activities were going on campaining for the F1 teams. The best was an open concert by Honda. They were singing Footloose, Thriller, U2 and all the favorite oldies! We hung around a bit, but we're SO TIRED by 10pm.





Ok, gotta go to sleep now. We're waking up really early again like real tourists!


4 Comments:

At 11:32 a.m., June 24, 2006, Blogger confused arab chick said...

Hey you!

Welcome to me city! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it. Let me know if you need anything at all- I live 2 blocks from Crescent, so it is not an inconvenience :)

Formula One weekend is effin crazy, innit?

I want to give you my cell number... but I'm not sure how to go about this w/out letting the whole world in as well.. hmm. I'll see if I can find an email.

 
At 11:33 a.m., June 24, 2006, Blogger Rimyoleta said...

ooooooooh How nice
I waaaant

 
At 1:07 p.m., June 24, 2006, Blogger HelloMe said...

ENJOOOOY!

 
At 6:10 p.m., June 24, 2006, Blogger Bassem said...

ok i'm officially jealous since i'm here decaying in the lovely sun of jeddah!

have fun ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home