Thursday, April 27, 2006

Take-off in 8 hours

I decided not to go to the family wedding before the flight. My mom decided to stay with me as well. It's kinda hard thinking I won't see my family like this again for at least another four months.

I met my friends over coffee during their lunch breaks to say the final good-byes. My relationship with them is still strong =) They all showed up except for a dear friend who couldn't get off advertising (Advice from this friend: DO not get a job where you have to work on Thursdays - equivalent to Saturdays on Monday weeks)

My dad and I were discussing my future plans. He strongly encourages that I go on. It's kinda hard to think about another five years of this seperation. I'm afraid of burning out.

After the family lunch, we went to Starbucks to celebrate my brother's birthday. It was a 'surprise'. Lots of his friends. Since when do 15 years old girls, run around showing off last season's LV and Gucci bags? It's so funny watching those budding airheads fluff around my brother LOL. My brother then took us (sisters) crusing in his red, sports car. It was really nice =) Siblings bonding while cruising in a speeding sports car playing LOUD music =)

I'm packed and ready - sort of. I'm taking my summer shoes this time with me. It's such a painful process, the process of elimination. Why can't I take all my shoes? MY BABIES. I love my shoes. Phase I of the elimination process I selected only half of my collection. The other half I put in a straight line. The procedure is as follows:

I start by placing the 'definately' on the left and the 'maybes' on the right, until they meet in the middle. After that I look for the middle and discard the right half of 'maybes' QUICKLY like taking a plaster of skin, without looking back. I just grit my teeth and BAM put back my sweet, sweet shoes on the shoe rack.

I know I will regret this. sigh... farewell. Stay warm Jeddah, stay warm...

1 Comments:

At 3:53 a.m., April 28, 2006, Blogger Just 'Be' It said...

Hey I know it is really hard, all the change, seperation and missing issues...
It is a phase that will pass, and I am sure that you will grow and mature from this experience.
As all the psychologists say "Pain leads to growth" and I truly believe that..
But not too much pain. Just a balanace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home