Thursday, April 13, 2006

20 hours to go

How can you forget an abaya, you ask?
simple.
you FORGET IT. lol

I managed to but and UGLY black coat from the one and only...Bollywood Fashion! in Toronto before I went to the airport. I was also wearing a dark green shawl, which I am going to use as a tarha. hehehe... Please, do NOT come and see me at the arrivals!

I am right now in London, UK. It seems this is the trip from hell. for some strange reason I thought that my connecting flight is at 9am from Heathrow. It seemed very logical since I arrived from Toronto at 6am.

guess what. my flight is at 9 P M. P M. belleal ya3ni...

interesting dilemma. the 9PM boarding is for the trip to RIYADH. I had to take the heathrow subway express to terminal 3 to find that out at the Saudi Airlines ticket counter. I considered paying a bit extra and fly to riyadh, then catch a flight to Jeddah. BUT apparently, in Riyadh I would have to wait another 5 hours to connect to Jeddah.

The saudi first class lounge doesn't open until 9am and then it closes again from 12 to 4pm.

NOW IM GETTING PISSED.

What can a poor, tired saudi girl trying to get home do in London for 12 hours? oh wait, a poor, tired, saudi girl with one heavy suitcase and a handbag full of books?? I gave some friends of mine who live in London a call. Guess what, my saudi cell wasn't working..

W#E$R%^&*I(O*&^%$#$%^&*&^%$#%^&*(

OK, ok, I had to think (btw I didn't sleep on the flight from toronto, 3ala bali i want to avoid jet lag and sleep in my bed, in my home, among my family)

think, think. Hilton Heathrow!! God bless smart businessmen who will take advantage of poor, tired people like me who don't mind throwing 800 riyals for a couple of hours of a clean bed, a clean bathroom and internet connection.

I take the express subway BACK to terminal 4 (all with my bags, don't forget). walk a 4 minute walk through a tunnel that connects the hotel to the airport.

I get a trainee to check me in. that's another 10 minutes. no breakfast with my room she says.

I get to the room, i take off my shoes. but wait. the nightmare isn't over. something is wierd.

THE ROOM HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED!!!!!!!!

the bed is unmade, the towel is wet and USED, the coffee mug had some leftover coffee in it.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I call the @(*$%^&*(&^% reception. they apologize and get me another room.

and here i am ladies and gentlemen. blogging from a CLEAN room in comfy PJS. I put in a wake-up call so i dont miss the damn flight. Is this some kind of hint? (i can hear didi:" ya think?!" LOL) should i have stayed in canada?

hehehee.... i miss #$%^&* Jeddah and I miss my family and friends. I will get home sooner or later
and damn it i will.

ok. me..falling..asleep..wish me luck. hope i wake up for my flight.

but wouldnt it be ironic if i dont and i miss it? ahahaha...

btw if any of my peeps, reads this, plz call my family. i have no access to them (damn STC). tell them my story. tell them im ok. tell dad to pay the visa bill so they dont arrest me. and tell them i will probably arrive around 5am. hehe or maybe 5pm. who knows?

1 Comments:

At 7:34 a.m., April 13, 2006, Blogger ghoweljlsfqwef said...

Jesus! What a nightmare! I hope you make it back in one piece and don't have a nervous breakdown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home