Saturday, April 29, 2006

London - in 33 hours

I arrived at heathrow around 6.30am. I took the tube to London central. God, I love the efficiency of the TUBE...sigh...
I had a nap until the after, then I met my friend (sitto doadoa!) at Wagamama. MmmMmMmmm... my friends and this restuarant are what really made this hectic stop in London worth it... hehehe, google it to find out more about Wagamama. I wish it would open in Jeddah (wait :s I live in Canada now - correction: I wish it would open in Waterloo!!)

I watched Inside Man in Leicester Square - rating: B+. Maybe it deserves more than this, but my friends and I were busy gossiping and laughing about a certain situation happening behind us. LOL mn jed saudiiiiiisss.

Of course, as always, around 10pm in London, I get kind of scared. Leicester Square after 10pm is a crime scene waiting to happen - and guess what - I don't want to be a witness to anything. So, as always, my friends give in and each one goes home early like a good girl =)

In the morning, we were planning to go to some Chic place in Knightsbridge, but I suggested some cute, cozy waffle place just off Oxford St, which is closer (Pure Waffle - on Duke St. - if you are intrested!). Rating: A!

I was so happy to meet up again with my inspirational, genius friend (Tazzona). I miss her so much! We have so much in common, yet we are different enough to have the most stimulating academic debates! I also met up with another friend. It was the first time I see her in a long time. Mashalla, her son has grown so much! Last time I saw him he was still an infant in a carriage. Now, he is so active, mashalla, you can't keep him still!

Doadoa and lamloom, my fellow capstone friends. God, last time I have seen them was last summer, when each of us was still in the beginning of the journey... We have changed and grown so much, yet inside, we are still the same good old friends. I just love our same old joke and same old anecdotes. Those are my real friends. The distance has only made me appreciate them more. I love them so much. I kept repeating to them, how much I wish I was with them in London!

After breakfast, my sweet dependable friends both helped me check-out and board the tube at Green Park Station. I took the tube to Heathrow again (and again - I must comment on efficency! Man, I'm a system's girl! So I appreciate the effort that has been done behind such an AMAZING system!!LOL)

So, now I'm at Heathrow again. Wonderful Heathrow...It's becomeing like home. It's kinda cool that I don't need directions anymore. Did some necessary shopping then checked-in the BA Lounge. Yea, yea I know I'm spoiled but it's too late now. In the words of Seinfeld: "Once you go first class, you can never go back!" So true...

So, in 33 hours in London, I did my usual routine. Wagamama, Hagen-Daaz, Movie in Leicester Square, cozy breakfast and heathrow shopping (If I had more time, the list would include Chocolate Bar at Harrods - oh well, less calories).

I have a long journey ahead. I hope I arrive in Toronto in time to catch the bus to Waterloo. Friends in Waterloo, I'm miss you =) I'm coming home....

2 Comments:

At 12:42 p.m., April 29, 2006, Blogger Just 'Be' It said...

Hey Girl...
Thanks to these blogs that I can know your latest news..
I am glad you had some good time in London; I love London...
I mean so many different people and yet they share one thing: they all love London ..
I hope you reach Waterloo safe and sound...
Take care XXX

 
At 3:56 a.m., April 30, 2006, Blogger Mystique said...

Oooh lucky you..
I MISS London, my favorite city ever!
keep on blogging and update us :")

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home