Monday, June 26, 2006

Montreal: Day #3 - and back in Waterloo

One word about the F1 race: it's LOUD. Even though I was fortunate enough to take the advice of my good friend and wore ear plugs, that only saved me from going deaf. Nevertheless, it was fantastic! Here are the Results


Tips if you're going to watch the Grand Prix - or any car racing event for that matter:

  • Buy bleachers tickets! If you are going to spend money buying general admission tickets, pay a little more and get actual seats! Even if you are the type that goes very early with your chair on you back to get a good location on the grass, there will STILL be others who were there earlier! And they STILL don't really get a good view.
  • The advantages of a general admission ticket though is that you can move around and watch the race from different angles.
  • Standing right by the track fence is exciting when the racers are parading before the race. However, when the race begins...not healthy.
  • Wear sneakers, if you got a general admission ticket, so you can climb up the metal bleachers from the side. Don't worry, you won't look like a monkey because there are other cheap(or student) monkeys like you!
  • Don't stand up on your fold-up, polyester chair. You WILL fall. No, not even if you are a graceful ballerina.
  • Binoculars, water(unless you want to drink the F1 diamond-dust water :S) and earplugs
  • Finally, summer = sunblock, even in Quebec.

In general, it was a great experience. The atmosphere, the amazing cars, the continuous and relentless advertising, the cute bodyguards, the cold, sugary lemonade...everything was awesome! Veva and I went for a nice seafood lunch at the St. Paul market (mmm...clam chowder and lobster salad!) and treated ourselves to diary queen after the hot day we spent at the track. Then we caught the 5pm train back to Waterloo.

I was back home at midnight, tired as hell, went to sleep with a smile on my face for a well-deserved and hectic(what else!) weekend =)

Would just like to give a shout-out to my girl White witch. Congratulations on getting engaged! I was there in spirit girl! I wish you all the hapiness in the world =)

3 Comments:

At 7:36 a.m., June 27, 2006, Blogger Bassem said...

i'm jealous!! looks like a lot of fun.. beats the hell out of staying in jeddah anyway :P

glad u had a good time
and mabrook white witch ;)

 
At 12:32 p.m., June 27, 2006, Blogger ren_crow said...

Aaah Montreal. The paris of Canada:p I remember me and my family used to go there all the time. We used to live in upstate new york, and montreal was just a 2 and a half hour drive across the border.
Lucky u. u got to check out the REAL fast & furious:p

btw how did u get around the whole french thing hehe

 
At 7:28 a.m., June 28, 2006, Blogger DiDi said...

Your weekend sounded GREAT!.. I'm so happy that you had fun.. I have a question though; which SPF was your sunscreen? :P

Btw, You owe me 10$. I too bet that you wouldn't work :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home